-
Junior Member
registered user
Big problem!!! Please, help!!!
Sorry for my poor english, but I`ll try to be as clear as possible to explain my problem.
So, I made poor man`s instal this way:
knoppix home=scan tohd=/dev/hda5
Before that I`ve already setup a PH as a file in the same partition - hda5
But now, when I`m booting from the cd with this command:
knoppix home=scan fromhd=/dev/hda5
there is a mistake which says:
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
And everything stops here
If I only use this cheatcode:
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda5
everything is OK and knoppix boots from HD
Why it can`t recognize my persistant home directory, which is an image (about 300MB).
Hda5 is read/write, and I did PH several times
I`ve tryed almost everything I`ve red in this forum but nothing.
Just to say:
file system - hda5 - Fat32
Instaled system on hda1 - WinXP
Please help me do this "Poor man`s install"
I don`t have enough free space on my HD to make full HD install, but at the same time I want to become familiar with Knoppix without using my cdrom all the time (only when I`m booting). I`m linux beginer
Once again - HELP!!!
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung - 990 PRO 1TB Internal SSD PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2
$200.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ Plus 11” 128GB Android Tablet Graphite BRAND NEW SEALED.
$214.99