-
Re: Cdrecording doesn't work with 2.6.8

Originally Posted by
mzilikazi

Originally Posted by
Markus
tried every kernel parameter for the device in lilo I
You don't need anything in lilo. SCSI emu is no longer necessary w/ 2.6.* kernels.

Simply access the device with it's normal name.
Tried without also but then I got nothing from cdrecord -scanbus , even so I tried recording, nada.
Code:
cdrecord dev=/dev/hdb blah....
Tried dev=0,0,0 ATA:... ATAPI:... hdc... nada again.
None the less, which 2.6.8 kernel are you using?
Apt-getted 2.6.8-5 source and compiled starting with oldconfig. Perhaps I'll try kernel.org next but as 2.6.7 from the same config is working fine, I think I'll enjoy it for at least a week 
There also seems to be quite a lot of posts like this: http://lists.debian.org/debian-kerne.../msg00613.html
Similar Threads
-
By RedCharlie in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:32 AM
-
By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99