-
DMA for DVD-Drive
I want to activate DMA for my DVD-Writer.
The drive is secondary master. but
hdparm /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc:
HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
IO_support = 1 (32-bit)
unmaskirq = 1 (on)
using_dma = 0 (off)
keepsettings = 0 (off)
readonly = 0 (off)
BLKRAGET failed: Invalid argument
HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument
hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc:
setting using_dma to 1 (on)
HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
using_dma = 0 (off)
I have read a few messages about this topic:
I have dma support in the kernel (because dma is active for hda)
the drive is not currently mounted
I am using ide-scsi (in lilo.conf i got a line append="hdc=scsi" )
suggestions are welcome
-
my guess
my guess is, that ide-scsi is blocking the activation of DMA,
so I removed the kernel parameter hdc=scsi, but ide-scsi is
still used for hdc
I am using knoppix 3.4, kernelversion 2.4.26
Similar Threads
-
By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By Bothersome in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:53 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Lot of (5) Samsung 32GB 2RX4 DDR4-2133 ECC REG RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB
$875.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module
$150.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99