-
Senior Member
registered user
Source manager
http://freshmeat.net/projects/lpm/
I've been looking for one of these and thought i'd share it.
I haven't been able to really test it yet but it looks like it works.
(This is the reason why I posted the other thread)
-
Senior Member
registered user
I have not tried the app that you posted a link to. Instead I simply use checkinstall to make a .deb. It goes like this:
./configure
make
checkinstall
You can even create a config file for checkinstall to read so that it doesn't ask the same questions over and over again. It would *seem* a better alternative since your packages still show up in the dpkg database as installed and of course the bonus is, once you build em they can be installed to any Debian box.
I have built the entire xfce4-cvs w/ checkinstall not just a random app here and there and it works fabulously.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By linux_Fred in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-23-2005, 03:23 PM
-
By upnorth in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 02:32 AM
-
By alphaepsilonlamda in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 08:55 PM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 07:35 AM
-
By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive Cleaning Kit Lot (1 Scotch 3M + 1 Verbatim) NOS
$49.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite Laptop T1910CS With Adapter, Mouse, Manual-Parts Only
$150.00

Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces
$85.00

Vintage ACS CompactFlash CF to 40-Pin IDE Drive Adapter Board ACS-CF-1LVT805A
$16.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59