Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Did kamera steel my icons?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4

    Did kamera steel my icons?

    Dear all,

    I have been a hd-Knoppix user for a few months now, but only today I wanted to connect my digital camera to my notebook, so I downloaded kamera with apt-get. Unforunately, just after the install process was finished, all entries in the Knoppix menu disappeared when I was logged in as a normal user! As root, the icons in the tray did not even work.

    When I rebooted and logged in, I could read a window "Sorting Icons" for a few seconds in the tray, then it went away, and I still can not use the program menu.

    I am very sad that this happened, and I would very much appreciate if someone would be so nice to help me solve this problem.

    Kind regards,
    Nils

  2. #2

    Camera

    You should know that camera can steal even your soul.... JiK

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    111
    I think you have gotten more than you asked for.
    Did it only install kamera or tons of stuff?
    On my knoppix 3.3, apt-get install kamera would also upgrade kde and break it...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4
    On my knoppix 3.3, apt-get install kamera would also upgrade kde and break it...
    Yes, that“s what happened. So I re-installed Knoppix, but now it crashes with no apparent cause, just every second time I move the cursor over some link. Do you have an idea what my be the reason?

    Thanks,
    Nils

Similar Threads

  1. changing icons
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:01 PM
  2. icons gone
    By wmcn in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 09:18 AM
  3. Icons problem
    By dr_zlo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 11:41 AM
  4. Icons problem
    By dr_zlo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 08:17 AM
  5. Where do the desktop icons go?
    By skyconcert in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99