Probably the ATI drivers will not be integrated unless ATI releases them under the GPL license.
Greetings,
probono
Hello from Germany,
would it be possible to integrate the ATi-drivers in Knoppix?!
I am using a notebook (Targa Visionary XP) with an external monitor (Iiyama LS902UT - VisionMaster 1451) and i would like to switch between them...
Thanks
Mike
Probably the ATI drivers will not be integrated unless ATI releases them under the GPL license.
Greetings,
probono
I wish to include ati drivers on my knoppix remaster, but i want also to support nvidia and other cards.
Someone knows if it is possible?
nvidia:Originally Posted by sandman
I tried it recently under Kanotix BH8, and it was very easy because Kanotix comes with a precompiled nvidia module. Simply run Kanotix and enter nvidia-live.sh - I got an error message, but a fully usable nvidia.tgz and knoppix.sh which gave me a perfectly working nvidia installation.
ati:
Kanotix comes with install-radeon-debian.sh but I haven't tried that.
I don't know how well all of this works under Knoppix.
Does the actual license not allow to include the driver?Originally Posted by probono
Or are the reasons because of the policy of the knoppix and debian makers? I'm shure nvidia and ati will NEVER release their drivers under GPL because a lot of knowledge is in them.

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99