Usually there's an option to burn an image, not a bootable CD.
Try following this howto: http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm#ezcd
I'm sure I'm not doing everything I'm supposed to. I downloaded the iso file: knoppix ver 3.6 700 meg iso
I attempted to make a bootable cd with roxio easy cd creator 5. I located the iso file to be copied, and changed the default file type from bin to iso and let it rip. Help.....
Usually there's an option to burn an image, not a bootable CD.
Try following this howto: http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm#ezcd
Thanks for the reply right after posting this I found exactly what you are talking about. It worked and Knoppix rocks it completly booted on it's own and found everything. Life is good.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$199.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS
$1499.00
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99