Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Lock screen does not ask for password

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4

    Lock screen does not ask for password

    I've enabled screensave and checked "require password". After the specified idle time, the screensaver comes out and will ask for password. However, if I click the "lock screen" from the menu, the screensaver comes out but does not ask for password. Any idea why?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    unless this is on a hdd install, their is no password, unless you set a password... that might be why thier is a problem... maybe if you left a bit more info we can be more helpful, or perhaps some one who knows more that i can say something to help you.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that this is after HD install.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    13

    same problem

    I realize that the original message was posted some time ago, but I have the same problem with a knoppix hd install...

    The screensaver "system", for lack of a better word, is not working...I do realize that this is a combination of several programs...

    I've downloaded a screensaver package but most don't work. When set to random, I get almost nothing and I cannot lock the screen with a password...

    Perhaps it's a setup/config issue - how does one go about configuring a screensaver system similar to what other distros give you by default?

    Here's what I am used to from other distros:

    1. when I click lock screen, it starts my screensaver of choice or random if random is selected and locks the screen.

    2. durng an idle time, the screensaver comes on, WITHOUT locking the screen

Similar Threads

  1. Disable Caps Lock
    By probono in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 08:36 PM
  2. lock during install
    By sbratton in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 09:07 PM
  3. Lock Desktop !
    By bhavin in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 11:16 AM
  4. installation seems to stop in password root screen
    By bronstein in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2003, 11:41 AM
  5. Lock-up after boot?
    By mabhatter in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 06:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90



Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install picture

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install

$59.99