I am using knoppix to try and recover data from an NTFS Win XP. First of all is that even possible with Knoppix? If so, how? Knoppix is not finding my HD's which run in raid 0. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
I am using knoppix to try and recover data from an NTFS Win XP. First of all is that even possible with Knoppix? If so, how? Knoppix is not finding my HD's which run in raid 0. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
Knoppix can read from ntfs. But I don't know how to get it set up for a raid config.Originally Posted by craigw79
(raid 0 is when the data is split between two drives right?)
Print out the cheat codes and you can start from there. you will only need the codes If you are having dificulty. If you can see the HD, then cheatcodes will be on your CD you can also print them from windows. Else you can find them here http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
That will get you started. I have made 100's of NT/win32 recoveries with Knoppix and its the BEST! It may depending on the hardware take a bit of trial and error to get into the machine. After you get into the hd you may need to change the hd properties > read/write or whatever you decide to do with the data. I just did one last week and copied all data except windows from am old 40GB that got virused to death and put it on a new 200GB only took me < 30 minutes
THANKS Klaus Knopper Your #1
and this BBS is the next best!#2
If you didn't write over your partition, I know a DOS-Based app that will rebuild your partition. It might also rebuild if if you reformatted (or so it says). It's Called Active@ Partition Recovery, I think the site's www.partitionrecovery.com. It costs $30, but they have a demo that you can download to make sure that you data is recoverable before you buy it. Also, if that doesn't work, "File Scavenger" (Windows-based; don't know website or price) might work, but that isn't very hopeful. It didn't work too well for me. (I'm an expert on this, as well as accidentally deleting partitions and reformating by accident)
Have Fun!
Partition recovery utility which comes with knoppix = testdisk
![]()
![]()
The absolute best tools I've ever used for data recovery were programs from Runtime.org. They have a tool for doing exactly what you're trying to do and I highly recommend it. I am in no way afiliated with this vendor, I've just had excellent results using their software. Hope that helps!

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Golf Challenge - Sierra On-Line - 1982 / Atari 400/800
$199.95
Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97
Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00