On my windows 2000 box (prolly close or same on echspee) in the
C:\Documents and Settings\yourusernamehere\.ssh
subdirectory there is a known_hosts file.
Delete this and let it reinitialize the ssh key and you're all set.
Hello,
I just got Knoppix 3.6 up and running and tried out NXserver for the first time, My initial client was an XP laptop on the same LAN. Initially I was
able to connect into the knoppix box just fine. Then I had to shut down
the linux box (for unrelated reasons) and now when I attempt to connect
back in with the laptop I get a:
:Host Key Verification Failed:
Warning the remote host identification has changed. This can indicate
that someone is trying to hijack the network connection, or simply RSA key on remote NX Server have been changed after a reinstall. Do you want to remote the key from the local list of known hosts?
I press yes, and it says "Cannot remove host Key"
I've tried removing and reinstalling the windows client, to no avail.
If I use a different windows desktop machine (one which I also loaded NXclient on for testing) that connects in fine to the knoppix box.
It's like the XP laptop has some config file lingering about which is no longer valid, yet I did a Search for all files with 'nx' in them and found several hanging around that the de-installlation missed. Renaming those and reinstalling a fresh instance of the client still doesn't help.
What am I missing here?
On my windows 2000 box (prolly close or same on echspee) in the
C:\Documents and Settings\yourusernamehere\.ssh
subdirectory there is a known_hosts file.
Delete this and let it reinitialize the ssh key and you're all set.
Hooray!
Thanks Paul, that did the trick. I guess I didn't know about that .ssh file
and breezed right by it. Wish the docs/FAQs on NoMachine's site were a
bit more explicit. I guess I can expect to go thru this whenever I have to reboot my Knoppix machine? I do have a permanent home HD partition,
is there a way to tell NXserver to store it's key there?
Thanks again. I can live with this solution if need be.
Jim G.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00
DELL PowerEdge R730XD Server 2x E5-2690v4 2.6GHz =28 Cores 64GB H730 4xRJ45
$653.00