Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: NXServer and Windows nxClient Out of sync with RSA Keys

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5

    NXServer and Windows nxClient Out of sync with RSA Keys

    Hello,
    I just got Knoppix 3.6 up and running and tried out NXserver for the first time, My initial client was an XP laptop on the same LAN. Initially I was
    able to connect into the knoppix box just fine. Then I had to shut down
    the linux box (for unrelated reasons) and now when I attempt to connect
    back in with the laptop I get a:
    :Host Key Verification Failed:
    Warning the remote host identification has changed. This can indicate
    that someone is trying to hijack the network connection, or simply RSA key on remote NX Server have been changed after a reinstall. Do you want to remote the key from the local list of known hosts?

    I press yes, and it says "Cannot remove host Key"
    I've tried removing and reinstalling the windows client, to no avail.

    If I use a different windows desktop machine (one which I also loaded NXclient on for testing) that connects in fine to the knoppix box.
    It's like the XP laptop has some config file lingering about which is no longer valid, yet I did a Search for all files with 'nx' in them and found several hanging around that the de-installlation missed. Renaming those and reinstalling a fresh instance of the client still doesn't help.

    What am I missing here?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    On my windows 2000 box (prolly close or same on echspee) in the

    C:\Documents and Settings\yourusernamehere\.ssh

    subdirectory there is a known_hosts file.

    Delete this and let it reinitialize the ssh key and you're all set.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5

    That Worked!

    Hooray!
    Thanks Paul, that did the trick. I guess I didn't know about that .ssh file
    and breezed right by it. Wish the docs/FAQs on NoMachine's site were a
    bit more explicit. I guess I can expect to go thru this whenever I have to reboot my Knoppix machine? I do have a permanent home HD partition,
    is there a way to tell NXserver to store it's key there?

    Thanks again. I can live with this solution if need be.

    Jim G.

Similar Threads

  1. NXclient KDE session starts in German ...
    By jlcurty in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 01:13 AM
  2. toshiba and F12 keys
    By metavoid in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:22 PM
  3. nxclient annoyances!!!
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 11:21 PM
  4. NXserver and how it treats desktops
    By jgroenke in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:43 AM
  5. 3.6: nxserver?
    By probono in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 02:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel C8102A-4 Vintage Ceramic ICs - Lot of 4 - SOLDER PULLS picture

Intel C8102A-4 Vintage Ceramic ICs - Lot of 4 - SOLDER PULLS

$175.00



RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ* picture

RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*

$299.99



Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX picture

Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX

$850.00



Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E picture

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E

$139.99



Vintage Exponent 11 Drawer Modular Media Storage Cabinet 3.5 5.25 Floppy PC Disk picture

Vintage Exponent 11 Drawer Modular Media Storage Cabinet 3.5 5.25 Floppy PC Disk

$250.00



Tandy 1000 TX Personal Computer Vintage PC very clean untested no accessories  picture

Tandy 1000 TX Personal Computer Vintage PC very clean untested no accessories

$199.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$164.95



Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer picture

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer

$275.00



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99



TESTED Original Apple IIc 2c Power Supply A2M4017 15V 1.2A 18W WORKING Vintage picture

TESTED Original Apple IIc 2c Power Supply A2M4017 15V 1.2A 18W WORKING Vintage

$55.00