-
Junior Member
registered user
buffer I/O error while running knoppix cd
When I am booting from Knoppix V3.6 CD, I get errors while creating directories and symlinks on ram disk.
Buffer I/O error on device sr0, logical block 356288
...
...
cloop: read error at pos 7252.... in file /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX 11908 bytes lost.
...
And these errors continue though finally I see the windows coming up.
Thanks in advance for any help
-
Senior Member
registered user
Either data in your cd is corrupt or your cd drive doesn't read properly.
Try boot with cheatcode : nodma noscsi
-
Junior Member
registered user
No those cheatcodes didn't help
a) I changed my CD readers So CD reader is not the problem
b) I tried many medias So CD media is the
As you say,
It can be one of these problems
a) There may be errors while I downloaded
b) The CD writer (DELL inspirion 5100) doesn't make it correct
c) The bios has problems (EMonster 500 pc)
I will investigate for some more time. I want to know whether
anybody else had similar problems
-
Senior Member
registered user
Don't forget to test your memory too.
knoppix memtest
knoppix testcd
-
RE: buffer I/O error while running knoppix cd
Hi,
I get get a similar buffer I/o error.It says:
retrying with server Xfree86 (vesa) cloop. read error at pos 202760192 in file /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX 15689 bytes lost
Error: No suitable X-server found for your card.
Thus ,wherein a dos like screen occurs with a flashing prompt.I can run some linux commands and navigate in file systems using unix style commands.However,the KDE desktop will not load.I will be most grateful of any reply on this matter.Running commands
eg ls to list current directory or cd move screen prompt around are OK, of course but running the whole lot of programs under KDE is far more desireable!
Regards
audun falnes
-
Junior Member
registered user
I forgot to tell how I solved the problem.
I had a corrupted knoppix download. I should have done md5 check.
Any way it works fine after the proper download.
Thanks for the help
Similar Threads
-
By jcdecode in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:01 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 12:57 PM
-
By sunpascal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 06:01 PM
-
By hss in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2004, 06:53 PM
-
By torbu in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 05:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 4 X 4GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA SO-DIMM Laptop Memory M471A5244CB0-CWE
$80.00