-
Junior Member
registered user
Here's a question: I've got Knoppix 3.6 HD installed. Since I'm behind a router, how should I go about configuring Knoppix/KDE to use 192.168.1.1 as a gateway to the Internet?
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Junior Member
registered user
one last linux noob question: i set up my swap partition in PartitionMagic and formatted the target partition as Ext3 in PartitionMagic as well. Now that it's HD installed, is there anything special i have to do to "activate" the swap, or does it do that by itself automatically? (the swap is on 'hda3')
-
Senior Member
registered user
Swap partitions are different.
I didn't use partition-magic for years, but make partitions with fdisk, where I choose a number for a linux-swap from a list - I try to remember it as 83, while normal linux-partitions are 82 - but not sure.
For the swapdrive I then call
and finally
-
Junior Member
registered user
heres another question: when i enter:
mkswap /dev/hda3
it works just fine, but when i enter:
swapon /dev/hda3
i get this message:
swapon: /dev/hda3: Device or resource busy
is swap on? how do i tell if it is on? what does this error message mean?
P.S. Thanks everyone for your help thus far.
-
Senior Member
registered user
swapon /dev/something
isn't used, but
my suggestion (swapon solely) wasn't correct too.
shows if it's used.
-
Senior Member
registered user
swapon: /dev/hda3: Device or resource busy
Your swap partition being used by knoppix. Usually knoppix will autodetect swap partition and use it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
thanks for the help, my knoppbox runs great now! I now have a few apache-related questions.
I've used apache before under Win2k Pro, but never before under *nix. I'm getting some weird errors when i start apache:
root@knoppbox:~# /etc/init.d/apache start
Starting web server: apache[Thu Sep 23 23:19:11 2004] [warn] module ssl_module is already loaded, skipping
failed
I am trying to run virtual servers. Could they be interfering in some way? Any other ideas?
Addtionally, does Knoppix come with an FTP server? If not, what's a good one, and where/how can I get it? Also, what about SMTP/POP3?
-
Senior Member
registered user
root@knoppbox:~# /etc/init.d/apache start
Starting web server: apache[Thu Sep 23 23:19:11 2004] [warn] module ssl_module is already loaded, skipping
failed
I believed it has something to do with your httpd.conf, please check, maybe your path is wrong, maybe your virtual host.
I'm using kanotix, it comes with ftpd as ftp server. I think knoppix do comes with it to. Try : locate ftpd. A good one, I don't know.
Knoppix comes with smail. But I never use it. It's too complicated. I used xmail as my smtp/pop3 server.Plenty of filter to use. It's very good and easy to setup, plus they have good forum like this one.
xmailserver.org/
This is a good guide how to setup xmail;
http://www.ubaight.com/xmail/BeginnersGuide.html
For webmail, I use uebimiau, php based imap/pop.
http://www.uebimiau.org/
-
Senior Member
registered user
type
and you see ftp-related programs, with brief description, which should tell you, which of them is a server.
Similar Threads
-
By bmk789 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2005, 04:02 AM
-
By mk in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 01:52 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 05:04 PM
-
By cmcclean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10gbase-SR transceiver SFP+ (XVR-00001-02)
$9.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90