Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Troubles trying to run in 1280x1024

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2

    Troubles trying to run in 1280x1024

    Hi, I own an Hercules ProphetWiev 920 DVi attached on VGA port, so seen as a VGA monitor. Then I try to run knopiix in 1280x1024 specifing this line (knoppix screen=1280x1024) at boot, but all I have is a sort-of zoomed desktop. If I don't do anything at startup the default res is 800x600.
    I use a GeForce 4 Ti 4800 (It has the DVi interface too but I want use it through VGA).

    How can i fix this mess?

    Hi, Emanem!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    I had a simaliar problem. I had the monitor connected to the digital out, witht the digital cable on the monitor, and only got zoomed in desktops at all sizes beyond 800x600. All i did was switch the connection on my nvidida card and it worked just fine.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2
    My display is on VGA now but I have your identical results...
    How can i fix this?

Similar Threads

  1. Can't set X resolution to 1280x1024 after installing to HD
    By marktam264 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 04:28 PM
  2. Cheatcode: screen=1280x1024 doesn't work
    By el_manaba in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 10:46 PM
  3. screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?
    By furryfren in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:20 PM
  4. remastering: how to boot in screen=1280x1024 automaticaly
    By compuhelp in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 03:25 PM
  5. 1280x1024 resolution
    By iomari in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98