Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: No input from keyb or touchpad using kernel 2.6

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1

    No input from keyb or touchpad using kernel 2.6

    Hi,

    I'm hoping someone could help me out with this problem. Whenever I use the 2.6 kernel instead of the 2.4 one (I'm using knoppix 3.6 btw) everything loads ok, but my keyboard or touchpad don't respond to anything (including caps lock etc)

    The same problem at runlevel 3 so it's not X.

    I've tried several of the cheatcodes, with no luck.

    Any ideas? I'm kind stuck here, and I have about 120 Gigs to backup (I'm moving to another country next week). Doing it through usb 1.1 is not an option, so I need the newer kernel in order to make my pcmcia usb 2.o card work

    Thanks,
    Maqueo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3
    Did anyone ever figure this one out? I realize this post is a little over a year old, but I'm running Knoppix 3.8.2 and having this exact problem with a Dell Inspiron 5100.

    I've tried using the following cheat codes with no luck

    nowheelmouse
    nousb
    pci=irqmask=0x0e98
    acpi=off

    It's the laptops keyboard and mouse that will not work, if I plug a USB mouse and keyboard in I'm fine. (it's a little rough though since it impacts portability )

    Knoppix 4.0.2 has the same problem with when the kernel is loading (or at runlevel 3), but once X loads they both work.

    I'd just use the 4.0.2 CD, but I'm using Harv's Hamshack Hack v 0.6a which is based on 3.8.2. The problem happens with both Harv's 0.6a and the Knoppix 3.8.2 CD.

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1
    I had the same problem and finally got the solution recently. The proper cheatcode to use (not a knoppix one but a kernel one) is usb-handoff. It worked for me. Hope it will for you.
    Regards

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3
    Hmm... thanks for the info, I gave it a try but I get the following error "Could not find kernel image: usb-handoff".

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoSwiss
    Hmm... thanks for the info, I gave it a try but I get the following error "Could not find kernel image: usb-handoff".
    The syntax for cheatcodes is: knoppix cheatcode1 cheatcode2 cheatcode3 ...
    So you would use: knoppix usb-handoff

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3
    epp... thanks for the note on using the cheat code, color my face red.

    No joy on the usb-handoff cheat code though.

Similar Threads

  1. Input/output error
    By enlightened_j in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 06:39 PM
  2. Input/Output Errors?
    By dark_mage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 01:29 AM
  3. Chinese input
    By markleong in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:10 PM
  4. input Devices not Working!!!
    By Arishon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2004, 12:59 AM
  5. How can I input Chinese in KDE ?
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel i860 Microprocessor CPU Vintage A80860XR-33 Processor. 20 CPU’s  picture

Intel i860 Microprocessor CPU Vintage A80860XR-33 Processor. 20 CPU’s

$999.00



Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition picture

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition

$199.99



Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo picture

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo

$299.00



Vintage RadioShack CD Storage Carrying Case Black Shoulder Bag Organizer 30 Cd picture

Vintage RadioShack CD Storage Carrying Case Black Shoulder Bag Organizer 30 Cd

$24.99



Kaypro Vintage 1980s Software 16 Disks Perfect Suite Original Case picture

Kaypro Vintage 1980s Software 16 Disks Perfect Suite Original Case

$175.99



Vintage Honeywell Mil-Spec Circuit Board BIT ASSY 183422  Q13 L Aerospace Tech A picture

Vintage Honeywell Mil-Spec Circuit Board BIT ASSY 183422 Q13 L Aerospace Tech A

$79.00



Vintage Tei Inc 1977 CPU Assembly 13260 Circuit Board  picture

Vintage Tei Inc 1977 CPU Assembly 13260 Circuit Board

$145.00



Vintage EG&G C.L. Meter Interface PCB Board 8211-03-PCB Wire Wrapped picture

Vintage EG&G C.L. Meter Interface PCB Board 8211-03-PCB Wire Wrapped

$59.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working picture

Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working

$55.55