-
Newbie: Little laptop, no CD, huge problems and questions
I don't know where to start, but I think little knoppix distribution would help me work faster than Windows '95 does (I get very sleepy on the internet)
What I have:
-Toshiba Satellite T2130 CT ( Intel Dx4 75 Mhz - Dd 520 Mo - 8 Mo Ram (640*480 256 colours))
-Xircom realport Ethernet PCMCIA Adaptor.
Both working well, but sloooow
What I want
-E-mail
-Browse the internet
-Wordprocessing
Problems
-start from scratch, having no CD, but only floppydrive and networkconnection (to full-feautured server and/or internet) Windows 95 installed.
-Which distribution should I take (200 Mb max)
I don't like to admit,but I know nothing about linux. Only booted Knoppix 3.1 once on my desktop PC (from CD) and i thought it was still a bit slow (due to CD-boot)
Similar Threads
-
By EricCartman in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 07:47 PM
-
By cabobrett in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-30-2004, 03:20 AM
-
By d_jedi in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By DimGR in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 12:05 PM
-
By pez_king in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00