-
Display woes on Thinkpad T22 with 3.6
I have some trouble with my Thinkpad T22 and the new 3.6 version.
I've been using 3.2 for quite a while now, and everything worked mostly okay there, but when I tried out 3.6 recently, my computer fried no matter what I did.
After the "Loading linux24...." line, when it is supposed to switch to framebuffer mode, it hangs every single time and needs a hard reset.
Neither one of the kernel options works, neither does "knoppix 2", "knoppix nofb" or "expert" help. The only method to boot the machine is using "failsafe", and that's pretty unsatisfiying...
Were there any changes between 3.2 and 3.6 that might be the potential troublemakers? Anyone got any idea?
-
Have you tried: Knoppix26 noscsi acpi=on
-
Re: Display woes on Thinkpad T22 with 3.6

Originally Posted by
doco
I have some trouble with my Thinkpad T22 and the new 3.6 version.
Anyone got any idea?
I have a T22 and it hangs like you said unless I do
knoppix26 acpi=off
then everything works fine. Works with 2.4 kernel as well.
-
Some more stuff on 3.6...
The laptop is a Thinkpad T22, Model 2647-8EG.
I managed to get 3.6 booting a few times with "knoppix26 apm=off", but it doesn't reproduce, i.e. sometimes it may boot, most likely not. Even turning APM completely off in the BIOS didn't help a single bit.
This whole issue is sickening me. 3.2 worked fine, so what in the world is FUBAR'd in 3.6 that it doesn't boot on my model anymore?
-

Originally Posted by
doco
Some more stuff on 3.6...
The laptop is a Thinkpad T22, Model 2647-8EG.
I managed to get 3.6 booting a few times with "knoppix26 apm=off", but it doesn't reproduce, i.e. sometimes it may boot, most likely not. Even turning APM completely off in the BIOS didn't help a single bit.
This whole issue is sickening me. 3.2 worked fine, so what in the world is FUBAR'd in 3.6 that it doesn't boot on my model anymore?
Did you try acpi-off I have a T22 2647 8EU and it works fine. What BIOS are you using. I flashed mine to latest. If you still have Windows installed it is dead simple to upgrade the BIOS just take exe file from here http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...id=BMOE-3VAM8Y
and execute it with battery and Power connected.
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By Shadda in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 04:45 PM
-
By guitarmike in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:12 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 01:02 AM
-
By dona in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99