I've heard of KNOPPIX returning such an error when it boots on a dualmotherboard with only one CPU.
![]()
Hi
When I boot from cd lately, I get a message "error: only one processor found". I am on a new gigabyte mboard as of last week. But tech told me he replaced board with replica of last board. On previous same board I was able to boot knoppix fine. Not now. Anyone know hat this is? I have searched forum and google to no avail.
I am on 1ghz 256ram celeron
**
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SiSoftware Sandra
Processor(s)
Model : Intel(R) Celeron(tm)
Co-Processor (FPU) : Built-in
Speed : 1.00GHz
Performance Rating : PR1202 (estimated)
Type : Standard
Packaging : FC-PPGA Socket370
Rated Speed/FSB : 670MHz / 1x 67MHz
Multiplier : 10x
Generation : 6th (6x86)
Model Information : P6C (Coppermine12Celeron 533-1.1G 1.3-1.75V
Revision/Stepping : 8 / A (1)
Stepping Mask : cD0
Microcode : MU068A01
Core Voltage Rating : 1.750V
**
Thanks
Seph
I've heard of KNOPPIX returning such an error when it boots on a dualmotherboard with only one CPU.
![]()
I have the same error with version 3.2 on cd on my k7t266 pro2 Msi Motherboard
there is place for only 1 processor
Hi, I have the same problem, with MSI 645E max 2 mainboard, P4 2Ghz
running knoppix KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-21b-EN from Cd.
It is a single processor mainboard !
Okay I brought in my box to service yesterday, and now I am not sure what to think. He said that he found cpu to be defective. He also said that with temp cpu it did not give that error. I will report back when I get more info.
If you keep getting the error, try "knoppix nosmp" at boot and see if that fixes it.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01