-
Junior Member
registered user
Error: only one processor found !?!
Hi
When I boot from cd lately, I get a message "error: only one processor found". I am on a new gigabyte mboard as of last week. But tech told me he replaced board with replica of last board. On previous same board I was able to boot knoppix fine. Not now. Anyone know hat this is? I have searched forum and google to no avail.
I am on 1ghz 256ram celeron
**
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SiSoftware Sandra
Processor(s)
Model : Intel(R) Celeron(tm)
Co-Processor (FPU) : Built-in
Speed : 1.00GHz
Performance Rating : PR1202 (estimated)
Type : Standard
Packaging : FC-PPGA Socket370
Rated Speed/FSB : 670MHz / 1x 67MHz
Multiplier : 10x
Generation : 6th (6x86)
Model Information : P6C (Coppermine12
Celeron 533-1.1G 1.3-1.75V
Revision/Stepping : 8 / A (1)
Stepping Mask : cD0
Microcode : MU068A01
Core Voltage Rating : 1.750V
**
Thanks
Seph
-
Junior Member
registered user
I've heard of KNOPPIX returning such an error when it boots on a dualmotherboard with only one CPU.
-
I have the same error with version 3.2 on cd on my k7t266 pro2 Msi Motherboard
there is place for only 1 processor
-
error, only one processor found
Hi, I have the same problem, with MSI 645E max 2 mainboard, P4 2Ghz
running knoppix KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-21b-EN from Cd.
It is a single processor mainboard !
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re Strange Error
Okay I brought in my box to service yesterday, and now I am not sure what to think. He said that he found cpu to be defective. He also said that with temp cpu it did not give that error. I will report back when I get more info.
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you keep getting the error, try "knoppix nosmp" at boot and see if that fixes it.
Similar Threads
-
By kezzar in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 08:47 PM
-
By Aelthric in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
-
By jhweeks in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 10:33 PM
-
By frankino in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
-
By Rudeboy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 07:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00