Hi.
The notebook is an Olivetti Xtrema 426s, PII 266 with ES1878
sound onboard.
Knoppix doesn't configure the soundcard.
I can load the ES1868 or SB driver (both use sb.o) with sndconfig or
manually with modprobe, but all I get is stuttering sound.
Sounds like some DMA problem.
The soundcard uses port 220, irq7 or 5, dma 0 or 1. I tried several
combinations, all the same.
I remember that I always had problems with the kernel sound
drivers, especially on redhat based distributions. That's the reason
why I use alsa, because the soundcard works fine with alsa.
Is it possible to integrate alsa in knoppix? Did someone already try
this out?
p.s. testet with Knoppix 3.1 und 3.2

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different
$29.99
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00