Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Error: only one processor found !?!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    25

    Error: only one processor found !?!

    Hi

    When I boot from cd lately, I get a message "error: only one processor found". I am on a new gigabyte mboard as of last week. But tech told me he replaced board with replica of last board. On previous same board I was able to boot knoppix fine. Not now. Anyone know hat this is? I have searched forum and google to no avail.
    I am on 1ghz 256ram celeron

    **
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    SiSoftware Sandra

    Processor(s)
    Model : Intel(R) Celeron(tm)
    Co-Processor (FPU) : Built-in
    Speed : 1.00GHz
    Performance Rating : PR1202 (estimated)
    Type : Standard
    Packaging : FC-PPGA Socket370
    Rated Speed/FSB : 670MHz / 1x 67MHz
    Multiplier : 10x
    Generation : 6th (6x86)
    Model Information : P6C (Coppermine12 Celeron 533-1.1G 1.3-1.75V
    Revision/Stepping : 8 / A (1)
    Stepping Mask : cD0
    Microcode : MU068A01
    Core Voltage Rating : 1.750V
    **
    Thanks
    Seph

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    25
    I've heard of KNOPPIX returning such an error when it boots on a dualmotherboard with only one CPU.


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Torhout, Belgium
    Posts
    3
    I have the same error with version 3.2 on cd on my k7t266 pro2 Msi Motherboard
    there is place for only 1 processor

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4

    error, only one processor found

    Hi, I have the same problem, with MSI 645E max 2 mainboard, P4 2Ghz
    running knoppix KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-21b-EN from Cd.
    It is a single processor mainboard !

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    25

    Re Strange Error

    Okay I brought in my box to service yesterday, and now I am not sure what to think. He said that he found cpu to be defective. He also said that with temp cpu it did not give that error. I will report back when I get more info.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    If you keep getting the error, try "knoppix nosmp" at boot and see if that fixes it.

Similar Threads

  1. Boot error - one processor found, sorted that but...
    By kezzar in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 08:47 PM
  2. Error: Only one processor found
    By Aelthric in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
  3. Error: only one processor found
    By jhweeks in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 10:33 PM
  4. error:only one procssor found
    By frankino in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
  5. Error: No suitable X-server found for your card
    By Rudeboy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 07:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4 picture

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4

$79.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard picture

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard

$54.99



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99