-
Not a newbie but never really started either.
I've been through numerous distributions thus far and determined that installing a program on Linux is purely a magic trick and I'm no magician. It took me weeks to recover from the concussion I received trying to install abiword on Mandrake 9.0 which I never managed to accomplish. I can deal this with for the most part because the software packaged with each distro is generally second to none.
Here's my dilemna. I've determined that a debian management distribution is the way to go from what I've read. I enjoyed Mepis but I didn't like KDE that much. Mandrake offered me choices of GUIs at log in and Mepis didn't. I prefer Gnome for the most part so I downloaded and tried Gnoppix. Gnome 2.6.? was awesome but the screen was only 640 by 480 in the center of the screen with blue pinstripes. Mandrake and Mepis at least didn't have screen resolution issues.
Shewww I'm long winded. Does Knoppix give me a choice of guis? All I'm seeing thus far is KDE this and KDE that. KDE is great as is Gnome and I want the choice between the two on a debian managed system.
Similar Threads
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By sirknot in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 08:34 PM
-
By sirknot in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 06:35 AM
-
By s10237 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 03:08 PM
-
By Criamon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 03:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Supermicro SBE-710E-R75 7U SuperBlade Enclosure Chassis w/ 8x PWS-2K53-BR PSU
$999.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00

Intel H2000 4 Node H2216XXKR, 2x 1600w PSU HPC Server Chassis 16x 2.5"
$199.99