-
New HD Overclockix Install Problems
Yesterday I installed Knoppix to a HD partition, but as it was 3.2, it could only run the outdated knx-install command. Therefore, I had difficulty getting my partition icons onscreen like I am used to with live-cd knoppix. I didn't want to download the newest Knoppix image, but noticed that I had a copy of Overclockix (complete with install-knoppix command) handy.
So I put that on a partition and it works great. There are a couple problems, though, which I would be grateful if somebody could help me with.
First, I like to clean up my desktop and only keep three drive icons on it (my Windows C partition, my E partition which I use as download/mp3 storage, my Linux partition and my CD-ROM) - the others (I have a number of other partitions) are rarely used. I put these other icons into a "Misc" folder on my desktop and everything is nice and neat. The problem is, when I reboot, all of the icons are recreated! How can I stop this?
Also, on one of my networked computers (horrible E-Machines with onboard Intel graphics with a Samtron 75V monitor), it always loads up with an undesirable resolution (1152xI-Forget-Exactly). The computer isn't endowed with lots of RAM, so I want it to run at a quicker 800x600 res. When I change the res, though, it doesn't properly redraw the desktop (I lose the taskbar and a large chunk of the rest of the desktop!). I think, "OK, I need to reboot and it'll draw the desktop properly." Sure enough, when I reboot, it goes right back to 1152x???. Is there any way to actually save my configuration changes?
I noticed as well that all of my Firefox tweaks (I close the Bookmarks taskbar, make yahoo my home page, etc) all disappear, too.
I have a feeling that this can all be fixed with minimal effort, but I just don't know what to do!
Thanks for any help,
Dave
Similar Threads
-
By digiplaya2005 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 03:10 PM
-
By kevtech in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 10:29 AM
-
By encryptedmatrix in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 04:39 PM
-
By jshah329 in forum General Support
Replies: 17
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By Drewby in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00