Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???

    hello,

    I don't succeed in making an iso image of my knoppix V 3.4. Could

    somebody help me to make it ??
    What I have tried :
    -I have cut an original iso an a cd( and it work properly)
    - I copy all the file from the cd to my hard disk
    - I modify isolinux.cfg with adding lang=fr and myconf=scan
    - I make a new image in using :" mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX"

    -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b

    boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o

    isolinux/knoppix.iso <knoppixfolder>"
    - when I cut the cd and restart the computer,

    system boot on cd but after I press ENTER It displays : "Couldn't find
    knoppix file system" and so it runs me a small shell ??

    What Can I do ?? I don't find any solution on the forum

  2. #2

    Re

    First of all, you have to copy ALL the CD content to a folder, if you only want to modify the isolinux.
    (This method only work if you ONLY want to change the boot/isolinux or the CD file content)

    - Modify the file.
    - Check that "KNOPPIX" file is in the <folder that you have copied the CD>/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX (the last is the KNOPPIX archive)
    - Create the ISO using

    Code:
    cd <folder that you have copied the CD>
    
    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o <folder where ISO will appear>/knoppix.iso  <folder that you have copied the CD>
    Good Luck[/code]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Thanks

    I 'll try it again but I believe that's I 've done

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie-trying to make a poor man's install work
    By jccorea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
  2. [Newbie] LinNeighborhood - how to make it work?
    By dmpop in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
  3. Knoppix loads runs but can't detect hard drive - Newbie help
    By randygva in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 02:31 PM
  4. Newbie queistion: how to make PCMCIA autostart?
    By simulant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
  5. My computer runs without M$
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5) picture

128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)

$2085.00



Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16

$159.99



Crucial Micron 8GB (1x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT8G4SFRA32A picture

Crucial Micron 8GB (1x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT8G4SFRA32A

$29.99



Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$9599.00



Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC picture

Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC

$550.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$30.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00