Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???

    hello,

    I don't succeed in making an iso image of my knoppix V 3.4. Could

    somebody help me to make it ??
    What I have tried :
    -I have cut an original iso an a cd( and it work properly)
    - I copy all the file from the cd to my hard disk
    - I modify isolinux.cfg with adding lang=fr and myconf=scan
    - I make a new image in using :" mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX"

    -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b

    boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o

    isolinux/knoppix.iso <knoppixfolder>"
    - when I cut the cd and restart the computer,

    system boot on cd but after I press ENTER It displays : "Couldn't find
    knoppix file system" and so it runs me a small shell ??

    What Can I do ?? I don't find any solution on the forum

  2. #2

    Re

    First of all, you have to copy ALL the CD content to a folder, if you only want to modify the isolinux.
    (This method only work if you ONLY want to change the boot/isolinux or the CD file content)

    - Modify the file.
    - Check that "KNOPPIX" file is in the <folder that you have copied the CD>/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX (the last is the KNOPPIX archive)
    - Create the ISO using

    Code:
    cd <folder that you have copied the CD>
    
    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o <folder where ISO will appear>/knoppix.iso  <folder that you have copied the CD>
    Good Luck[/code]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Thanks

    I 'll try it again but I believe that's I 've done

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie-trying to make a poor man's install work
    By jccorea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
  2. [Newbie] LinNeighborhood - how to make it work?
    By dmpop in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
  3. Knoppix loads runs but can't detect hard drive - Newbie help
    By randygva in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 02:31 PM
  4. Newbie queistion: how to make PCMCIA autostart?
    By simulant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
  5. My computer runs without M$
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive picture

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive

$109.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59