Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???

    hello,

    I don't succeed in making an iso image of my knoppix V 3.4. Could

    somebody help me to make it ??
    What I have tried :
    -I have cut an original iso an a cd( and it work properly)
    - I copy all the file from the cd to my hard disk
    - I modify isolinux.cfg with adding lang=fr and myconf=scan
    - I make a new image in using :" mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX"

    -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b

    boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o

    isolinux/knoppix.iso <knoppixfolder>"
    - when I cut the cd and restart the computer,

    system boot on cd but after I press ENTER It displays : "Couldn't find
    knoppix file system" and so it runs me a small shell ??

    What Can I do ?? I don't find any solution on the forum

  2. #2

    Re

    First of all, you have to copy ALL the CD content to a folder, if you only want to modify the isolinux.
    (This method only work if you ONLY want to change the boot/isolinux or the CD file content)

    - Modify the file.
    - Check that "KNOPPIX" file is in the <folder that you have copied the CD>/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX (the last is the KNOPPIX archive)
    - Create the ISO using

    Code:
    cd <folder that you have copied the CD>
    
    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o <folder where ISO will appear>/knoppix.iso  <folder that you have copied the CD>
    Good Luck[/code]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Thanks

    I 'll try it again but I believe that's I 've done

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie-trying to make a poor man's install work
    By jccorea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
  2. [Newbie] LinNeighborhood - how to make it work?
    By dmpop in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
  3. Knoppix loads runs but can't detect hard drive - Newbie help
    By randygva in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 02:31 PM
  4. Newbie queistion: how to make PCMCIA autostart?
    By simulant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
  5. My computer runs without M$
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND SSD MZ-76E2T0 94-100% Health

$207.00



Samsung PM43H 43

Samsung PM43H 43" Commercial Display READ

$300.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor

$41.00



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



Samsung Galaxy 9.6'' Tablet - E SM-T560NU - Black - 16GB Gray | For Parts picture

Samsung Galaxy 9.6'' Tablet - E SM-T560NU - Black - 16GB Gray | For Parts

$35.99