-
New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???
hello,
I don't succeed in making an iso image of my knoppix V 3.4. Could
somebody help me to make it ??
What I have tried :
-I have cut an original iso an a cd( and it work properly)
- I copy all the file from the cd to my hard disk
- I modify isolinux.cfg with adding lang=fr and myconf=scan
- I make a new image in using :" mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX"
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b
boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o
isolinux/knoppix.iso <knoppixfolder>"
- when I cut the cd and restart the computer,
system boot on cd but after I press ENTER It displays : "Couldn't find
knoppix file system" and so it runs me a small shell ??
What Can I do ?? I don't find any solution on the forum
-
Re
First of all, you have to copy ALL the CD content to a folder, if you only want to modify the isolinux.
(This method only work if you ONLY want to change the boot/isolinux or the CD file content)
- Modify the file.
- Check that "KNOPPIX" file is in the <folder that you have copied the CD>/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX (the last is the KNOPPIX archive)
- Create the ISO using
Code:
cd <folder that you have copied the CD>
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o <folder where ISO will appear>/knoppix.iso <folder that you have copied the CD>
Good Luck[/code]
-
Thanks
I 'll try it again but I believe that's I 've done
Similar Threads
-
By jccorea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
-
By dmpop in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
-
By randygva in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 02:31 PM
-
By simulant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max
$229.00

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$199.00

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99