Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???

    hello,

    I don't succeed in making an iso image of my knoppix V 3.4. Could

    somebody help me to make it ??
    What I have tried :
    -I have cut an original iso an a cd( and it work properly)
    - I copy all the file from the cd to my hard disk
    - I modify isolinux.cfg with adding lang=fr and myconf=scan
    - I make a new image in using :" mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX"

    -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b

    boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o

    isolinux/knoppix.iso <knoppixfolder>"
    - when I cut the cd and restart the computer,

    system boot on cd but after I press ENTER It displays : "Couldn't find
    knoppix file system" and so it runs me a small shell ??

    What Can I do ?? I don't find any solution on the forum

  2. #2

    Re

    First of all, you have to copy ALL the CD content to a folder, if you only want to modify the isolinux.
    (This method only work if you ONLY want to change the boot/isolinux or the CD file content)

    - Modify the file.
    - Check that "KNOPPIX" file is in the <folder that you have copied the CD>/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX (the last is the KNOPPIX archive)
    - Create the ISO using

    Code:
    cd <folder that you have copied the CD>
    
    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o <folder where ISO will appear>/knoppix.iso  <folder that you have copied the CD>
    Good Luck[/code]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Thanks

    I 'll try it again but I believe that's I 've done

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie-trying to make a poor man's install work
    By jccorea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
  2. [Newbie] LinNeighborhood - how to make it work?
    By dmpop in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
  3. Knoppix loads runs but can't detect hard drive - Newbie help
    By randygva in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 02:31 PM
  4. Newbie queistion: how to make PCMCIA autostart?
    By simulant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
  5. My computer runs without M$
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$275.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$225.00



Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair picture

Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair

$48.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



Build S-100 Bus Computer Peripherals Altair 8800 IMSAI + Apple II Commodore PET picture

Build S-100 Bus Computer Peripherals Altair 8800 IMSAI + Apple II Commodore PET

$69.99



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4 picture

1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4

$59.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99