when i boot up and after i load everything up everything is in some crazy language and i need it in english... how do i make it where its in english and not in "crazy language"
when i boot up and after i load everything up everything is in some crazy language and i need it in english... how do i make it where its in english and not in "crazy language"
With an insult like that I doubt you'll get much help. The language is German... the author is German. If I was the author I'd kick your behind. Crazy language indeed!
Open the Knoppix folder and read the help files is my advice
When knoppix boots press F2 then type knoppix lang=us
you shouldn't have come across this if you downloaded the correct language version of Knoppix. look for the ISO with the file name having "EN" instead of "DE" near the end.Originally Posted by _Phillip_
KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso <-- English
KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-DE.iso <-- German
keep this in mind next time you download a Knoppix ISO.
(and as the post before mentioned, you can change the language at the "boot:" prompt)
Hmmm, it seems that I've accidentally downloaded the German version, too. I'm downloading the English language version right now but in the meantime is there any way to configure the German version of Knoppix to English?
Pressing F2 didn't do anything for me. I tried typing knoppix lang=us into a console window, but that didn't work either.
I'm totally new to Linux and Knoppix.
Thanks in advance.
You have to type it after the boot prompt: http://www.eleli.de/knoppix/docs/tut...t_details.html
Hahah Phillip. If you are english, how can German look crazy to you????
If it was finnish then I might understand, like
hauska tavata! = nice to meet you !
Its quite different and most of the times none of the words reminds you
of anything you know. But with German, some of the words should ring
small bells??
ps.
Minä en ymmärrä suomea
Hyvin tuo kirjoittaminen ainakin tuntuu sujuvanOriginally Posted by metavoid
![]()
![]()
Hehehe.
Learn it meta. I have no idea.
Excellent!
Thank you pulsar, it worked first time.

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
M2 2280 PCIe 4.0 solid-state drive high-speed storage device 1080P RO 2TB NGFF
$99.00
Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$44.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99