-
no boot at all
I'm runnning knoppix v 3.4 and v.3.6
Both with the same result. No matter which boot option i'm using what I see is the penguin on the upper right but nothing else.
I mean I tried to avoid everything:
knoppix noapic noagp noapm nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi nousb
Not Even "knoppix testcd" or "knoppix-txt" is working. The CDs are official published I didn't burned them on my own so there shouldn't be any errors.
I'd be happy for any suggestions.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hm, have you tried 'knoppix nodma' or even 'knoppix failsave'?
-
Yap. I had tried both. No reaction at all...
I even struggle to get an error message because there is not one single text line. Just the sweet penguin.
When I use kernel 2.6 I get some lines at least, the last two are:
Code:
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
Using anticipatory io scheduler
That's it.
And as i told you there is no difference if i start with any options.[/code][/quote]
-
Senior Member
registered user
have you tried knoppix26 2 vga=normal ?
that will drop you in a textmode console. if that works we might get some other information that way...
if your answer is "yes i have tried that"i have nothing much more to say.
-
Junior Member
registered user
TRY THIS!!!
My friend, well i havenīt boot with knoppix yet, but I can gave you some clues that didnīt work to me but I think they would be very usefull to you:
Try mem=(your ram memory in Mb)M (ITīS IMPORTANT IN CAPITAL LETTER), thatīs becouse some systems shared RAM with the graphic card, and can cause problems, other thing is vga=normal, with no framebuffer thatīs mean no acceleration in console mode, there are other few things but try these and tell me how it work. AND IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I HAVE A PCCHIPS ALL ONBORARD BUT THE MODEM. IīM THE ONLY LINUX FAN WHO HAS NEVER USED LINUX
!!!!!!!
Orion
-
Unfortunatly both suggestions didn't improve my situation.
It freezes at exactly the same position as I described above.
I really have no idea what to do as there is no error message at all.
Hopefully Axiomatico who never runned linux before (?!) has some more suggestions.
I'm getting mad.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try with acpi=off, your problem often occurs on incompatible acpi system.
-
I did....no difference up to now..
Seems like knoppix doesn't boot at all.
one additional fact:
the former os was WinXP and there didn't occured any problems.
Do we have to surrender where WinXP was successful? I don't think so.
Some more advices?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It's time for you to post your pc spec. Your mobo, your vga card, how much memory...etc.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Another Q, do you have hardware raid on your system?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5" SATA SSD Solid State Drive MTFDDAK240TCB
$24.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00