Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: no boot at all

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    OK. Here we go:

    Motherboard Asus A7V
    CPU Duron 650MHz
    RAM 2x 128 MB Noname
    Graphic Geforce Ti4200 Aopen
    Sound Soundblaster Live 1024
    HDD 60GB IC 352060AVVA07
    HDD 10GB IBM-DTTA-351010
    no raid

    anything missing?

    thanks in advance

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18
    My friend. We are like twin souls. I have the same problem as you, sometimes I start to think there is no posible way that knoppix boot in my computer, but then, when I use WIN MILLE I change my mind!!!!!! Iīm not going to give up I Will try Knoppix Or Debbian or anything else.

    Going to the point, there few more things you can do:

    1) Try to disiable in the bios, "asing irq to vga", someone told me that doing this he could boot in a PII with 64 Mb or RAM.(CHECK MY POSTS IT IS VERY WELL EXPLAINED THERE!)

    2) Try the cd inother machine, becuose sometimes unless it is an official copy it may be wrong, believe me I work as quality analist.


    I will continue serching, and informing you about it. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

    Helping you is helping me

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    Thanks a lot, Axiomatico.

    I will follow your advice as soon as I'm at home. Most probably tomorrow afternoon. Will give feedback asap.


    Once again thanks a lot for your help =)

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Another thiing you could try in your bios:
    Disable plug and play OS
    Enable VGA Pallette Snoop
    Enable AGP Fast Write

    Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage - 1958 Philco TRANSAC S-2000 Mainframe Components picture

Vintage - 1958 Philco TRANSAC S-2000 Mainframe Components

$350.00



Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW picture

Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW

$1000.00



Vintage NICE Plus 486 USA Motherboard Intel i486 DX2 CPU Manual Expansion Card picture

Vintage NICE Plus 486 USA Motherboard Intel i486 DX2 CPU Manual Expansion Card

$224.99



Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119 picture

Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119

$292.92



Vintage Radius Pivot II Display NuBus Video Card 632-0030 picture

Vintage Radius Pivot II Display NuBus Video Card 632-0030

$149.00



Vintage CONTROL VIDEO Datamedia corp Elite 3000 computer keyboard Metal case picture

Vintage CONTROL VIDEO Datamedia corp Elite 3000 computer keyboard Metal case

$699.00



Vintage 1999 Hot Wheels PC USB Keyboard SK-1100U(E) + Speakers Patriot Tested picture

Vintage 1999 Hot Wheels PC USB Keyboard SK-1100U(E) + Speakers Patriot Tested

$149.99



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Dell Optiplex GX1 800L Celeron 128 MB Ram No hard drive or o.s. picture

Vintage Dell Optiplex GX1 800L Celeron 128 MB Ram No hard drive or o.s.

$119.95



Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights picture

Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights

$199.00