should work. atleast if you can stand fat32 as filesystem.
if you need NTFS it might need to be formatted from Windows installer aswell (but drive shold have been wiped before so...)
gparted is what you are looking for. or fdisk and mkefs...
Hello,
I wonder if I can format C drive with Knoppix. I have a virus which I haven't been able to remove and am looking for a solution for clean formatting on my C drive. If Knoppix can do the job, can I install XP again?
Thanks.
should work. atleast if you can stand fat32 as filesystem.
if you need NTFS it might need to be formatted from Windows installer aswell (but drive shold have been wiped before so...)
gparted is what you are looking for. or fdisk and mkefs...
Sorry to bother you again. I tried to download Knopix but I am not sure which ones I am supposed to get. Do I need all those?
KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso 22-Aug-2004 16:01 700M
KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso.md5 22-Aug-2004 16:03 1k
KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso.md5.asc 22-Aug-2004 16:05 1k
Also, do I just burn a CD after download?
Thanks for your help!
Please read the fine documentation found here:Originally Posted by janggu
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading
qtparted is a little more friendly IMO.Originally Posted by OErjan
Hey, I have a notebook that use to have windows, now is compleatly dead (virus I gues), I wonder if -and how- can I conect this portable to mine -that if using knoppix 3.6- and restore it.
Just a little thing...I am just a begginer with linux...
el santo,
Knoppix is a fairly decent tool for data recovery off a troubled windoze computer. Boot Knoppix and browse around the hard drive partitions and see if anything you want to save is listed. If so you can burn a CD using k3b. If the system has only one CD Rom drive you may have to attach an external unit since you can't remove the knoppix CD and burn at the same time.
Good luck in your data recovery.
JP

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Crucial 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM 260-Pin CL22 CT16G4SFS832A.C8FB
$124.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00