Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Making a multi-boot Linux Live DVD with Knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Making a multi-boot Linux Live DVD with Knoppix

    Hello!

    Here is the problem:

    I would very much like to make a bootable DVD of three different flavours of Linux Live CD Images (Knoppix, Slax, MandrakeMOVE). Rather then make 3 separate CD's, I was wondering if it was possible to make a Multi-Boot DVD containing all 3 images?

    I am using them to decide which system I will eventually install, and would also like the ability to give others a chance to try each of the distributions out.

    Is this possible? If so, how would I go about doing this? (I am a beginner at these things...!)

    Am I trying to do the impossible?

    Thanks.
    SJ

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1
    Here is what I've got working so far:

    I placed Knoppix 3.3 and Morphix on one DVD and used CD Shell (www.cdshell.org). I was able to boot those two systems seperately, because they have different root-folders (see below).

    With Knoppix >3.3, I ve been stucked because I dont know how to generate the boot.img which has been formerly shipped with Knoppix 3.3.

    One great disadvantage is further that you need the KNOPPIX folder at root level, and many knoppix derivatives name their folders KNOPPIX, too.

    If you place them in a subfolder, but when you do this, you may remaster the linuxrc in miniroot.gz.

    The easy way would be if there were a possibility to boot the ISOs directly, so you can put Knoppix.iso, Kanotix.iso etc. directly on your media and boot them like in vmware. But unfortunately, I didn't found a tool to do so.

    Greetings
    Rainer

Similar Threads

  1. Live Multi-Distribution DVD
    By Distro-Don in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 12:03 AM
  2. multiple OS boot for live linux posssible ?
    By adrianmak in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 02:42 PM
  3. Making a multi-boot Linux Live DVD with Knoppix
    By sunnyjpop in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 01:20 AM
  4. Tips for making a Live php application CD with Knoppix?
    By garubi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 08:19 AM
  5. using knoppix on multi-boot CD's (boot scriptor)
    By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67



Trucozie Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Self-Standing Lightweight Stick Vacuum New Ope picture

Trucozie Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Self-Standing Lightweight Stick Vacuum New Ope

$89.00