-
ide-scsi problems, can't boot?
Hello all,
I just downloaded Knoppix 3.2 and tried to run it, however when I try to I end up getting about 20 messages saying:
ide-scsi: Strange, packet command initiated yet DRQ isn't asserted
then right after those:
Can't find Knoppix filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell. Press reset to quit.
I also had this problem running Knoppix KDE and something similar trying to run Gentoo 1.4_RC3 so I'm pretty sure it isn't a software issue. I also am pretty sure that it has something to do with either my DVD drive or my CDRW or both. I used to be able to boot off them with no problem, but the only thing I can think of that I have changed is buying a new HD because my old one died. However, since Knoppix doesn't need a HD, I don't see why it isn't working if it had something to do with that. I also tried detatching just the HD cables and that didn't work. I tried only one of my two bootable drives (the DVD or CDRW) and neither of them worked. On top of that, Gentoo 1.2 install no longer works; this install worked approximately 3-4 months ago though. I'm really not sure what I'm looking for here or how to get detailed info on what's wrong. I would greatly appreciate some help.
Here are some specs:
800Mhz Duron Processor*
468MB RAM*
hda: 80GB WD
hdb: 40GB Maxtor*
hdc: Generic DVD Drive*
hdd: Lite-On 32x12x40*
*All of these were still there at a time that I know I had no problems booting off of any CD (SuSE LiveCD, Knoppix 3.1, Gentoo Installs, etc.)
Anyone have ideas or need more info?
Similar Threads
-
By Morris Jones in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 10:12 PM
-
By jerome in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-01-2004, 08:38 AM
-
By les-paul in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 07:25 PM
-
By Greg in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 06:29 PM
-
By sireasoning in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99