-
Ok, this is really damn strange... but the problem is solved.
I think what must of happened is somehow the IDE cable was -just- loose enough that it worked in Windows but didn't work in Linux (don't ask me why, I have NO clue). I messed around with the connectors on the MB, resocketing them and suddenly the CD boots up without problem.
I must say, Knoppix 3.2 looks quite pretty and I love the PPPoE configuration script which instantly found the connection and set it up with no difficulty at all. I am definitely very happy now... all I need to do is D/L the new english CD that actually starts with english as a default 
Whoop! Knoppix rocks...
Similar Threads
-
By Morris Jones in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 10:12 PM
-
By jerome in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-01-2004, 08:38 AM
-
By les-paul in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 07:25 PM
-
By Greg in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 06:29 PM
-
By sireasoning in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00