-
Senior Member
registered user
J2SE-1.5???
OK, I just downloaded the latest Java Developers' Kit (JDK) from sun as an *.rpm. I used alien to make a *.deb. I used kpackage *.deb to install it. Of course, I did all this logged-in as root.
I followed all the directions in:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/install-linux.html
for using the *.rpm but I still only have access to the javac and java apps that came installed on KNOPPIX. Is there a missing step I need to do to get the new javac and java recognized by my users? I seem to recall someone had a similar issue last year, but I can't find that post....
BTW, I don't really need javac 1.5 or java 1.5. What I'm trying to do is get javadoc and appletviewer for my users. Also, having the javax.swing.* graphics classes available in javac would be nice....
Please help!
TIA,
AJG
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00