Please see http://klik.berlios.de - you can install it from there.
I would like to setup Yahoo IM and I do not know what to do. Yahoo has a download for Red Hat and FreeBSD. As you can see I am a newbie at this Linux stuff. Thanks in Advance.
Please see http://klik.berlios.de - you can install it from there.
I get protocol not supported error. It said that Klik needed to be installed first. I followed the instructions. Im running Knoppix 3.6
In order to install the klik client:Originally Posted by SurfThaNet
*Be sure you are online
* Copy the following text:
* Press Alt-F2 and paste the text there and press OKCode:wget klik.berlios.de/client/install -O -|sh
Please wait until you get the following message:
Now you can point-and-klik to install the software packages.Code:Now you can start installing software. Opening the klik point-and-klik software store...
Gaim supports the yahoo messenger.
Did you try that?
Yahoo messenger do comes with debian package.
http://download.yahoo.com/dl/unix/ym...0.4_1_i386.deb
But before you install ymessenger, you need to install libssl0.9.6 first or else you will encounter unmet dependencies problem.
apt-get install libssl0.9.6
Then install ymessenger.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
shah, I'm not sure what or how to get libssl0.9.6 I'm NEW to Linux. Any help is arppreciated! I don't Unix form Linux. I am real green and I want to learn.
Okay, asumming you already download ymessenger_1.0.4_1_i386.deb.
Open kosole and type this command:
su <enter> **it will ask for root password, enter that password
apt-get update <enter> ** you don't need to run this if you already done it before.
apt-get install libssl0.9.6 <enter> **this will install libssl0.96 from net
Then change to the directory where you save ymessenger_1.0.4_1_i386.deb.
ex:
cd /home/yourname/download <enter>
dpkg -i ymessenger_1.0.4_1_i386.deb <enter>
ymessenger <enter> **this will run ymessenger and will ask you to configure your yahoo messenger.
You can also install .deb package using gui (kpackage) if it is installed in
your system.
![]()
![]()
I was able to setup Yahoo IM with Klik
Thank you Shah for your detailed instructions. I was able to install YM.Originally Posted by shah
[Note: it is not libss10.9.6 [10 dot 9 dot 6], it is lib-ssl-0-9-6]
Thanks a lot.

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99
Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air
$419.59
OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99
OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015
$26.98
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05
$6.99
NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435
$25.95