Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Screen Goes All Green

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3

    Screen Goes All Green

    Hiya,

    Total noob here. When I start my computer with the Knoppix CD everything works fine then just stops. I get the screen where it finds the USB hardware, mouse etc. Then the screen goes all green. It looks like some sort of video test. It has white lines through it. That's where it stops. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I reckon I should mention that I am using 3.6

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    Try some cheatcodes at the boot prompt. F2 to see some of them at the prompt.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfish72
    Try some cheatcodes at the boot prompt. F2 to see some of them at the prompt.
    Dude!!!! Thanks a lot. The 800x600 one worked like a charm. Infact I am using it right this second. Ummm just one more question. I have English selected but everything is in Dutch. Is it supposed to be this way?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    Edit your lilo.conf file in the boot section at the bottom. Login as root and change it in the K-->Control center. That should do it.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for your reply m8. This kills me to say but.... the problem was that I downloaded the Dutch ISO. But now I have the English one and all is good. Thanks again for you help.

Similar Threads

  1. turning off screen saver / blanking at login screen
    By metavoid in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
  2. vga screen?
    By kiber in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:26 PM
  3. Screen Res?
    By Junfriot in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 02:09 PM
  4. Black Screen after boot screen
    By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
  5. Screen off-set
    By Dickey Peterson in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2002, 06:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55