Go to /boot/grub and edit the menu file.Originally Posted by rrfish72
I need to edit the boot options and want to know where the file is and what it is called. I am running Kanotix BH7 kernal version 2.67 I think. Just trying to change the boot timer, the default, and the names.
Go to /boot/grub and edit the menu file.Originally Posted by rrfish72
/boot/grub/menu.lst
I canget to that part, but how does the window work?
grub>
Possible commands are: blocklist boot cat chainloader cmp color configfile de
bug device displayapm displaymem dump embed find fstest geometry halt help hid
e impsprobe initrd install ioprobe kernel lock makeactive map md5crypt module
modulenounzip pager partnew parttype password pause quit read reboot root root
noverify savedefault serial setkey setup terminal terminfo testload testvbe un
hide uppermem vbeprobe
grub>
kernel
Error 12: Invalid device requested
grub>
What do I do from here?
You don't need to run grub console. You only need to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst. That's all to it. Grub will read it when it boots.
Unlike lilo, after you edit lilo.conf, you need to run lilo to update what you have change in lilo.conf.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Got it. Thank you very much.

Intel Core i5/i7/i9 AMC CPU Processors, LOT of 90 pcs
$18000.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99