I ended up deleting the partition in Win2000 and then qtparted seemed to be able to deal with it.
Okay I am trying to install knoppix to my hard drive, an NTFS formatted 6GB drive with one primary dos partition - qtparted shows the drive as "Disks - /dev/hdd" but each time I try to click on it to partition, I get the error message "Critical error suring ped_disk_new!"
and can;t go any further. I have the drive on the second IDE and have the first IDE disabled (so that knoppix can't access or do anything to my WIndows 2000 hard drive) - so on this IDE I just have the CD rom and the 6 gig ata drive. ANy help is appreciated -
I ended up deleting the partition in Win2000 and then qtparted seemed to be able to deal with it.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams
$105.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99