I ended up deleting the partition in Win2000 and then qtparted seemed to be able to deal with it.
Okay I am trying to install knoppix to my hard drive, an NTFS formatted 6GB drive with one primary dos partition - qtparted shows the drive as "Disks - /dev/hdd" but each time I try to click on it to partition, I get the error message "Critical error suring ped_disk_new!"
and can;t go any further. I have the drive on the second IDE and have the first IDE disabled (so that knoppix can't access or do anything to my WIndows 2000 hard drive) - so on this IDE I just have the CD rom and the 6 gig ata drive. ANy help is appreciated -
I ended up deleting the partition in Win2000 and then qtparted seemed to be able to deal with it.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99