I ended up deleting the partition in Win2000 and then qtparted seemed to be able to deal with it.
Okay I am trying to install knoppix to my hard drive, an NTFS formatted 6GB drive with one primary dos partition - qtparted shows the drive as "Disks - /dev/hdd" but each time I try to click on it to partition, I get the error message "Critical error suring ped_disk_new!"
and can;t go any further. I have the drive on the second IDE and have the first IDE disabled (so that knoppix can't access or do anything to my WIndows 2000 hard drive) - so on this IDE I just have the CD rom and the 6 gig ata drive. ANy help is appreciated -
I ended up deleting the partition in Win2000 and then qtparted seemed to be able to deal with it.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64-bit 16 Core + 50 CALs |
$79.99
8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00