I am attempting to boot Knoppix 3.6 or 3.7 on a Dell Latitude LS and the boot is not successful. This laptop has a successful 3.2 image on it, but I wanted to play with the latest. I cannot see where the process is stopping because the messages are displaying below the bottom of the screen. I have tried the screen= and fb options but to no avail. The space taken up tux image at the top of the screen is apparently not taken into account when the boot messages are sent to the screen.
Is there a way to boot without the penguin showing up? Or is there a way to make the process only think the screen can display X number of lines at bootup?

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01