A message at bootup that isn't saved to var/log/dmesg so I am trying to do from memory:
sit0 unknown hardware address
twice - then it tries to connect to something .failback
Ring a bell with anyone? And do you know what log might be catching this?
A message at bootup that isn't saved to var/log/dmesg so I am trying to do from memory:
sit0 unknown hardware address
twice - then it tries to connect to something .failback
Ring a bell with anyone? And do you know what log might be catching this?
I believed it has something to do with your netcard or wifi card being misconfigured.
![]()
![]()
thanks... I just did a fresh install since it is only a day old anyway and the message is gone. Whatever it was![]()
It was the "ipv6" module, loading from /etc/modules-2.6 -- you can always comment it out if you don't need it.

π Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12Γ Gigabit PoE+ β’ 2Γ 10G SFP+ Compact Switch β‘
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX-4PST-RMK Adjustable 4-Post Rack Mount Kit NEW Factory Sealed
$150.00
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99