You could try turning up the volume using KMix under Multemedia -> Sounds.
I am a newcomer to Linux,and used to paly cd either from my dvd or my cd-Rw under windows.
My sound card is connected to my hifi amplfier thru the Amplifier Aux input.
Under Linux I have to turn the Volume knob almost to the maximum on the amplifier (level 34 on a scale of 40) although under windows a level of 7 is pretty loud.
I suspect that I have to customize something somewhere, but what, where and how?
You could try turning up the volume using KMix under Multemedia -> Sounds.
thank you. That was a stupid question.

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00
Vintage apple clock and time card 1984 timemaster 11 H.O. Never tested
$79.00
Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00
Vintage Apple Controller Card 820-0427-A Printed Circuit Board PCB Assembly
$47.50
Apple lle Computer Vintage Computer Model A2S2004 untested/no bottom feet
$125.00
Vintage Apple iBook Clamshell Graphite OS 9 60gig SSD 576ram
$350.00
Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00
Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested*
$69.99