You are really not allone. I have posted some messages about this issue some time ago and got several replies. But the posts had no effect until now. I think the Knoppix developers are waiting for some good solutions from the users...
I've been trying out some other LiveCD distros this week, what strikes me is how much more polished distros like MandrakeMove and Slax look.
The menus are much better organised and the systems both have much prettier themes than whatever is the default one in Knoppix/KDE...
Why not try to clean up the interface in Knoppix? I think it would give new users a much more positive experience...
And I assume that I'm not alone thinking this? You've got to agree that Slax and MdkMove look much nicer... right?
You are really not allone. I have posted some messages about this issue some time ago and got several replies. But the posts had no effect until now. I think the Knoppix developers are waiting for some good solutions from the users...

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1769.85
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$465.02
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good
$1099.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99