Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Keyboard responds too fast

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4

    Keyboard responds too fast

    Helllo, I'm a newbie Linux user and I'm a new forum member!
    I have downloaded KNOPPIX 3.2 and somehow managed to run it from CD.
    I am very amazed.

    Now I have one annoying problem.
    My keyboard responds too fast.
    What I mean is when I want to type A, and I hit A key, it often typs 2 As.
    I went to Control Center > Peripherals > Keyboard and tried to use "Slow keys" but it didn't work.
    Whenever I checked it, the system refused to accept any key stroke and just beeped when I hit any key.
    So I unchecked "Keyboard repeat" but it doesn't work sometimes.
    And I would like to use "Keyboard repeat" feature if possible.

    Is there any way I can fix this problem?
    Thank you in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    just an idea, but if you have a USB keyboard, you might want to turn off "legacy USB support" in the bios... the legacy support does funny things to things connected to the computer when linux is used.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4
    I.....don't.......know......how.....to....get..... into....the.....BIOS...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    usually you have to hit a key at boot up such as F2. It will often say when you reboot which key to hit...

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4
    Oops sorry...
    I missed that you said USB keyboard.
    I have a Toshiba laptop, and according to Toshiba, they offer only a Windows-based BIOS setting utility.

    Anyway I found that this is a common problem to Toshiba laptops, so I'll try to research about this a bit more.

    Thanks for your help, god!

  6. #6
    Hi there,

    On my Toshibas - 2590CDS and 6100 - you have to tap ESC when the red 'Toshiba' screen is up. It'll say something like "Check system then press [F1] key". What on earth does that mean anyway.

    So you can make the necessary BIOS adjustments without the use of a Windows based application.

    I have the same problem with random keys repeating unless I type *lots* slower. Interestingly I think it only happens with keys on the "home row" -asdfghjkl; et cetera. I was considering rebuilding the kernel with some different options as soon as I have the time :/

    Cheers,

    - Andrew

Similar Threads

  1. Slow a Fast GBA Emulator
    By prophet829 in forum Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 02:09 AM
  2. tty3 respawning too fast.
    By maxxedout in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 08:33 PM
  3. How fast does your box boot?
    By rickenbacherus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 08:57 PM
  4. Process respawning too fast...
    By bamarob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 06:10 PM
  5. Processes respawning too fast...
    By bamarob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" (WDS500G2B0A) SSD

$43.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$41.99



128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia picture

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia

$16.59



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$35.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD V-NAND MZ-77E500

$85.00