-
PC-Welt Knoppix-CD v3.7 (englisch for Ying-Yang7)
I have installed above mentioned OS (Knoppix 3.7) onto hda4 via Bootmagic, to have a multi-boot system.My PC has a Pentium4-1,8 GHz, 2 HD's; 512 MB DDR-RAM,Shuttle Mainboard AV45GT, VIA P4M266/8233 Chipsatz.
Everything runs ok except the following:
After configuring DSL via my configured eth0 card and the option - start connection after the next boot - I have a connection at the moment to my provider T-Online, but after the next boot I do not have a connection. I have to configure the ADSL/PPPoE all over again to get a connection just for one Boot. There must be a mistake in saving my config-datas and Knoppix obviously forgets them or saves them at the wrong place. Or do I something wrong in saving my DSL-configuration? Can one also create a shortcut on the desktop I could start an internet-dsl-connection, if yes how do I have to accomplish this? Thanks in advance!
-
The easy way out is.
Why not just install with knoppix-installer ?
Works for me and you can install to where you want it.
You can always stop the install if its going in the wrong direction.
The knoppix-installer also uses QTparted also inculded on the knoppix disk FREE. Remember if you say write to HD when you are partitioning just watch that you don't wriite over your windows else you will close your windows.
You can forget the Windows paritioning programs. If you use it "Knoppix" enough and you wont want to use windows anymore anyway! It's taken me about a year but now I'm 90% linux 10% windows I use just enough windows to keep the Macro's in Excel and Word working as Open office macros and microsoft macros are not compatable at all.
Have Fun hope this helps.
Similar Threads
-
By Jameson in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 05:05 PM
-
By Suicide Vampire in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 09:55 PM
-
By ohjo in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 03:11 AM
-
By Dredd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:16 PM
-
By Dutchguy in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of (5) Samsung 32GB 2RX4 DDR4-2133 ECC REG RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB
$875.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

40GB (5x8GB) Micron MT36JSZS1G72PY-1G1A1DD 8GB PC3-8500R Server Memory RAM
$33.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96