-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks for the help and Yes, tech, I did install guarddog and it looks like a possible culprit here. Not understanding the dhcp settings in the advanced section of the program, I have disabled it for now.
When I first had issues I did upgrade the firmware on the router. It is a linksys. No PC uses IP 192.168.1.1 that is router's address, the gateway. I manually set up the ip address on the spare PC to use 192.168.1.101 in both linux and windows there. Windows on it has other issues left over from dialup and I plan to reimage those partitions.
Main PC so far has been getting correct IP. Still using DHCP both linux and windows on it. Lease I think is up any minute now so we will see. Lease setting is 0 which linksys says is one day. I didn't see any point in making it longer since if the IP is available, DHCP should dish it out again, no? The aggravating part of this is after one "use" it won't reuse it. Like it isn't being released or something? I am probably too networking-dumb or something but I have seen plenty of machines of customers merrily using DHCP in windows and not "running out" of addresses. So maybe a linux thing and in particular iptables (guarddog is just a front end after all).
Similar Threads
-
By Legless_Marine in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2005, 04:13 AM
-
By killozap in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2005, 08:41 AM
-
By arifsaha in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-16-2005, 09:40 PM
-
By nishtya in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 07:46 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 05:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive with Power Supply, MPN C061636 (Vintage)
$80.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00