-
HD install, LILO to GRUB conversion, boot error message.
Dear folks
I'm trying to change the bootloader of the harddisk installation of knoppix 3.6 on a compaq presario laptop from LILO to GRUB.
The following is the entry from lilo.conf:
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27
label="Linux(2.4)-1"
initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.4.27
append="ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce q
uiet lang=us"
read-only
I changed this to:
title deb-2.4.27
kernel (hd0,9)/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27 ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us ap
m=power-off nomce quiet lang=us
initrd (hd0,9)/boot/initrd.img-2.4.27
for GRUB in /boot/grub/menu.lst.
But I get the following error message during boot:
(mount: fs type devfs not supported by kernel
umount: devfs: not mounted)
pivot-root: No such file or directory
/sbin/init: 426: cannot open dev/console: No such file
kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
I've noticed an open bug reported:
23. Hardware Dell Optiplex 260. Installed Knoppix 3.6 to hard drive. hda1: NTFS, hda2 FAT32, hda3 linux, hda4 linux swap. At the beginning of the bootup process I get the following error message twice: (Norm)
initrd-tools 0.1.73
mount: fs type devfs not supported by kernel
umount: devfs: not mounted
But the point is I have been already able to boot by LILO as the secondary bootloader!
What am I missing?
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By jkwash in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 12:18 PM
-
By Calvi Risorta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 11:01 AM
-
By SgtRauksauff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 12:38 AM
-
By bbouton in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By RiverStan in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 memory kit, 2x16GB
$329.99